Ready to Work? Call (800)-338-4599
If you are in search of hiring contractors, add yourself to the Ready-to-Work (dispatch) line of your choice by calling (800)-338-4599.
Call the number every week day between 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to put yourself on the daily dispatch list. This gives you priority during dispatching. Only those who call the number daily will receive calls from dispatch that day.
In order to retain your position on the daily dispatch list, you must be on the roll-call every week. You can do that by calling the number between 7:00 a.m. Friday and Monday at noon. If you do not call during this time, you will be dropped from the list.
A confirmation number is given out every time you place yourself on a list. Please ensure that your phone number is up-to-date.
- Calls from the dispatcher start at 3:00 p.m. each day.
- If you miss or pass on 2 jobs during any one-week, you will not be eligible to register for daily dispatch the rest of that week.
- You can only be on one local’s ready-to-work line at a time, but you can be on as many certified lists as you are qualified for. (i.e. bridge, finish, welding, etc.)
- If you accept a job from dispatch and fail to show for that job, you will be subject to a $50 fine and you will not be allowed back on the dispatch list until the fine is paid.
Carpenters are free to solicit their own work from signatory contractors.
Local unions supply members with a list of current jobs that are active in the area.
- You must be on the ready-to-work line to be cleared.
- You should be in good standing with your dues.
- It is both the contractors and your responsibility to request a job referral upon being hired.
Attend your Local Union Meetings
There is a wealth of information about current and future work that is discussed at your local union meeting. Don’t miss the meetings!
Members at union meetings can provide insider information on the company they work for and whether they will be hiring in the near future. You can update your work preferences. You can also obtain additional information about volunteer activities to participate in while searching for work.
For additional information, questions, or concerns, please contact your local.
Local Phone Directory:
1912 – (602) 484-0444
213 – (213) 385-3510
562 – (562) 427-0977
619 – (858) 621-2674
661 – (818) 364-9303
714 – (714) 766-7140
(Industrial Aerospace Council-wide) 721 – (562) 695-0571
805 – (805) 482-1905
909 – (909) 887-2524
951 – (909) 887-2524
(Millwrights Council-wide) 1607 – (323) 724-0178
555 – (303) 355-8774
971 – (775) 323-8492
1977 – (702) 531-1805
1319 – (505) 268-4389
801 – (801) 280-0292