If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health issues and need immediate assistance, please call or text:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line – text HOME to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line – Call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 or text 838255
Although we’re not mental health professionals, our members’ mental health is extremely important to us. The resources listed below are intended to help jump start a dialogue for those who are in need of assistance. If you’re feeling stressed, isolated, depressed, or just in need of a helping hand, mental health assistance is just a click away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please access the following links if you’re in need of immediate assistance:
Here are three things you can do now:
- If you see a Brother or Sister struggling, reach out. Drop them a text or give them a call just to see how they’re doing.
- Encourage them to use their Union Benefits. We’ve got a platinum health plan that includes mental health coverage. In fact, certain plans are offering free online counseling during COVID-19.
- Join our new BOSS (Brotherhood Outreach for Strength and Support) committee. Send an email to email@example.com.
Help break the stigma of mental health.
No or low-pay national, state, and county resources are listed below.
The BOSS Committee (Brotherhood Outreach for Strength and Support) is a committee that was introduced by Vice President Frank Hawk to determine how best to provide help and resources for members in need.
Ask your Local for more information on joining the BOSS (Brotherhood Outreach for Strength and Support) Committee, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more information regarding mental health resources.
- National Alliance on Mental Health
- National Institute of Mental Health: Additional Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Crisis Text Line
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Partnership to End Addiction
- Get Coverage Through the Affordable Care Act
Find the latest news on mental health here.